Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning and the supervision of a Team Leader of the Policy Support & Capacity Development in Lifelong Learning team, the incumbent will act as Programme Specialist and contribute to the implementation of the Institute’s activities in the field of lifelong learning policies. In particular, the successful candidate will contribute to technical assistance, research, capacity-building and networking in areas related to policy analysis, development and implementation.
The POL team contributes to UNESCO’s Expected Result (ER) 1 (‘Improved national education policies and plans to advance access to equitable and ECCE, primary and secondary education through a sector-wide lifelong learning approach’) and ER3 (‘Improved policies and plans and mobilization of global efforts to enhance, scale up, including through ICT, and monitor the acquisition of foundational skills and lifelong learning opportunities for youth and adults both women and men’). UIL’s annual work plan is adopted by its Governing Board in accordance with UNESCO’s Programme and Budget 39 C/5.
The duties of the post include:
- Take part in technical assistance activities to support member states in developing lifelong learning policies, in line with SDG4, and in advising in the design and implementation of lifelong learning tools such as recognition, validation and accreditation mechanisms;
- Conduct research on flexible learning pathways, recognition, validation and accreditation (RVA) of learning.
- Design and conduct capacities development activities in the field of lifelong learning.
- Update and expand UIL’s online knowledge base, particularly the Global RVA Observatory and the Collection of Lifelong Learning Policies and Strategies.
- Contribute to the expansion of the online Global Inventory of National Qualifications Frameworks (NQF).
- Organize expert meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Maintain programme area administration.
- Undertake further activities within the responsibilities of the LLPS Programme as requested by the Team Leader or the Director.