- City population:437,500
- City/Urban area:81.54
- Population Density:More than 500 inhabitants per km²
- GDP – city:Between USD 10,000 and USD 15,000
- GDP - country:USD 24,453
- Average number of years of schooling:12.1
Uijeongbu, Republic of Korea
Learning: The key to social cohesion and economic advancement
Uijeongbu supports learning as the key domain to empower citizens, support social cohesion, and boost economic development and sustainability.
Vision and motivation
Uijeongbu envisages a city where citizens are self-realized and able to fulfil their academic potential. The city’s vision includes boosting social integration and enhancing economic growth. As a guiding principle, economic development is linked to environmental preservation, education for sustainable development and social integration.
Challenges and goals
Through its learning city initiative, Uijeongbu hopes to promote:
- individual empowerment and social cohesion;
- learning in families, communities and in the workplace.
Plan and implementation
As part of its learning city development, Uijeongbu plans to:
- provide customized learning for all its citizens;
- build a learning culture;
- support lifelong learning to overcome marginalization;
- promote local intellectual and artistic awareness.
To achieve the abovementioned goals, the city will put into action the following:
- Creation of a learning ecosystem for all.
- Establishment of a learning community.
- Adoption of an effective cooperation system for building policy projects and a lifelong learning governance.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.