- City population:164,835
- Average number of years of schooling:12
Cao Lanh, Viet Nam
Commerce, administration, health and agriculture
Cao Lanh City is one of three cities in Dong Thap province in the Mekong Delta. The city’s socio-economic pillars include commerce, administration, health, the pharmaceutical industry, traditional medicine and agriculture. The urban area is important to the development of Dong Thap province.
Vision and Strategy
Our learning city strategy aims to promote equal learning opportunities for all; to foster learning at home and within the community; to create favourable learning conditions for work and at work; to expand the use of modern learning technologies; to improve learning quality and inclusiveness; and to build a culture of lifelong learning. We want to make sure that citizens develop good reading habits and possess the skills they need to access and use information. We also want to ensure that educational institutions have libraries equipped with appropriate resources.
Policies, Plan and Implementation
Sustainability and health
- Due to its size and affluence, Cao Lanh City can offer better education, medical care and other services than more sparsely populated areas.
Equity and inclusion
- The city needs a modern information technology system that will enable it to gradually build a comprehensive system of e-government and meet the city’s need for smart management. To adapt to new challenges and maintain a good reading culture, the city is introducing innovative software and has organized seminars, conferences and meetings related to education and reading.
Decent work and entrepreneurship
- Cao Lanh City actively promotes the role of youth associations in gathering, uniting, and building a generation of Vietnamese that is passionate about learning, business, science and technology, and is eager to innovate and contribute to development. The city also provides guidance on degree selection and the rules and operation of a digital economy.
Develop Co Lang City into a smart city: 2018-2030
- The project’s goal is to improve quality of life and increase the efficiency of the municipal government, thereby boosting the economy, developing the local community in a comprehensive and sustainable way, and improving the competitiveness of local actors.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.