- City population:165,374
- City/Urban area:704
- Population Density:Between 300 and 500 inhabitants per km²
- GDP – city:More than USD 25,000
- GDP - country:USD$ 25,990
- Average number of years of schooling:11.9
Dangjin, Republic of Korea
A Learning City Where You Can Grow, Share and Be Happy
The rapid development of Dangjin makes it central to the economic growth of the Pan Yellow Sea Region. It is a young, dynamic city with a population of almost 170,000 and an influx of around 4,600 new inhabitants annually.
Vision and Motivation
Dangjin’s vision is to unite its citizens through lifelong learning. Since receiving city status in 2012, Dangjin has recognized the need to foster communication between older communities and new residents. Lifelong education is also seen as a way to improve quality of life, increase employment, and encourage people to take on local leadership roles.
Challenges and Goals
The challenges Dangjin faces in building a learning city include:
- Bringing communities together,
- Creating a balanced distribution of education resources,
- Fostering integration through education.
Plan and Implementation
In order to achieve this vision of a happy coexistence, the following strategy has been proposed:
- Expand local customized programmes,
- Strengthen the foundation of lifelong education facilities,
- Reinforce the network of lifelong learning services,
- Increase participation in lifelong learning ,
- Support community spirit reinforcement programmes and life development activities.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.