- City population:1,078,975
- City/Urban area:268.31
- Population Density:More than 500 inhabitants per km²
- GDP - country:USD$ 34,983
- Average number of years of schooling:12
Goyang, Republic of Korea
Goyang, a perfect city to learn together
In order to support ‘Lifelong Learning for All’, Goyang City builds a ‘Learning City to make together’ model through citizen participation.
Vision and Motivation
With the keywords ‘Accessibility of learning’, ‘Diversity of learning’ and ‘Sustainability of learning’, the city of Goyang is creating a lifelong learning culture with input from locals and citizens so that anyone can learn anytime, anywhere.
Challenges and Goals
❍ To strengthen the lifelong learning promotion system, Goyang City has established a participation-oriented customized lifelong learning strategy through continuous communication with citizens.
❍ Through this, we will improve individual competencies and social cohesion, and further develop a learning city with guaranteed economic development, cultural prosperity and sustainability.
Plan and Implementation
Goyang City is implementing the following detailed plans to realize a citizen-centered lifelong learning city:
1. Accessibility of learning: We are enhancing the accessibility of learning time, space, and information so that anyone can learn anytime, anywhere.
2. Diversity of learning: We aim for a learning community that connects learning through the operation of various lifelong learning programmes centered on citizens.
3. Sustainability of learning: We are building a lifelong learning ecosystem that can continuously learn through the sharing of learning processes and outcomes based on individual and community growth.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.