- City population:102,098
- City/Urban area:1,255
- Population Density:Less than 300 inhabitants per km²
- GDP – city:Between USD 10,000 and USD 15,000
- GDP - country:USD$ 27,759
- Average number of years of schooling:10
Sangju-si, Republic of Korea
Education, culture, arts, hobbies and employment
Sangju-si spares no efforts to become a sustainable city, fostering a passion for education, culture, the arts, hobbies and employment in order to go beyond the formal education paradigm.
Vision and motivation
In view of its aging population, the city recognizes the need to invest in lifelong learning opportunities for all. From after-school and leisure activities to opportunities for skills development, Sangju-si is committed to systematizing and expanding its lifelong learning provisions.
Challenges and goals
- To integrate inclusive learning into the education system
- To foster family and community learning
- To promote the extensive use of modern technologies
- To boost the mobilization and use of available resources
Plan and implementation
To promote educational development in all areas of learning, Sangju-si is focusing on:
- systematizing its lifelong learning provisions;
- establishing and reorganizing its educational infrastructures;
- creating a lifelong learning centre.
To encourage citizens to participate voluntarily in learning activities, and to encourage self-learning across all ages and subjects, the city provides:
- support for learning circles;
- learning centres in each town;
- in-house learning opportunities;
- general education programmes;
- environmental education programmes.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.