- City population:892,276
- City/Urban area:130
- Population Density:More than 500 inhabitants per km²
- GDP – city:More than USD 25,000
- GDP - country:USD$ 35,222
- Average number of years of schooling:10
Strategic Plan for Turin’s Metropolitan Development
The City of Turin city has continuously taken steps to bring about the cultural and economic renaissance of the city with collaboration of various stakeholders such as different Departments of the Municipalities, local and international private and public bodies.
Vision and Motivation
The city pioneered the use of broad, consultative approaches to develop the city’s first strategic plan in 2000 and its third in 2015. Turin has adopted the learning city concept to enable it to exchange ideas on good practices, promote networking and mutual learning, and encourage the development of a local network for lifelong learning.
Challenges and Goals
Turin needs to find ways to overcome the following challenges to implement lifelong learning for all in the city.
- Social cohesion
- Economic development and cultural prosperity
Plan and Implementation
TThe City of Turin has supported the practice of lifelong learning by participating in activities such as:
- Active Participation in Torino Città Educativa, a project on making Turin an Educational City
- I.T.E.R.– Cultural centers for children, youth and families to visit in their free time
- School of Professional Orientation Center (C.O.S.P) - a free orientation services for girls and boys.
- Tasks of School – a project to prevent early school leaving and promote educational success
The city also plans to consolidate its implementation of the learning city concept through various projects outlined in the Metropolis Torino 2025, a strategic plan that promotes Turin metropolitan development.
UIL is not responsible for the content of this city profile.