Following two successful International Conferences on Learning Cities in Beijing (2013) and Mexico City (2015), the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL), which coordinates the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities, invites expression of interest in hosting the 3rd International Conference on Learning Cities in 2017. This third Conference will provide a platform for sharing knowledge and experience in building inclusive and sustainable learning cities and will assess the development of the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities.
UNESCO aims to achieve regional balance and therefore rotates the location of the International Conference on Learning Cities. It will consider expression of interest from cities that are members of the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities across all world regions.
Interested cities should be able to provide the following:
- High-standard hotel accommodation for approximately 700 participants
- Meals (i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner) for all participants
- Transportation to and from hotel (for arrival and departure of visitors)
- Suitable venues and facilities for the Conference sessions
- Interpreting services in English, French and Spanish (according to UNESCO and ISO standards)
- Media services and a professional communications team
- Social-cultural programme
For a more comprehensive list of requirements and further information, please contact the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to by 30 April 2016.
UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities
UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning
Telephone: +49 (0) 40 44 80 41 10