The UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL), the School of Government and Public Transformation, and the Institute for the Future of Education of Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico, will host a special conference track on education policy as part of the Ninth International Conference on Educational Innovation (CIIE). The conference will be held from 16–18 January 2023 in Monterrey, Mexico.
Ministers, senior policy-makers, and experts from international organizations and academia from around the world will discuss the following issues in this special track:
1. Addressing the learning gap arising from COVID-19 through innovative interventions.
2. Shaping higher education systems for relevance, flexibility and sustainability – discussing case studies.
3. Preparing teachers for the future of education and lifelong learning.
4. Fostering access, inclusion and educational success for all students.
5. Funding and affordability of higher education and lifelong learning.
6. Higher education for sustainable development and climate action
The aim is to provide a conducive space for thought and action and for leaders to engage in paired discussions on policy ideas, challenges and implementation experiences.
On 18 January 2023, UIL Team Leader, Raúl Valdés Cotera, will present a keynote on the results of the institute’s research on universities’ social responsibility and community engagement.
CIIE is one of the largest global conferences focused on educational innovation, with the objective of sharing current trends in education and technology, learning about best practices, encouraging and facilitating educational innovation, and promoting the creation of specialized collaborative networks.
Ninth International Conference on Educational Innovation (CIIE)
UIL research on the role of higher education institutions in lifelong learning